- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Lead Systems Engineer
Our client are a leading defence communication systems manufacturer with an exciting role for a Lead systems engineer to join and help build a rapidly growing team.
- Develop system architectures for complete solutions to meet customer specific requirements for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems.
- Integrate solutions into existing customer systems. System platforms include land vehicle, shelter, fixed site, ship, aircraft, UAV. The tactical systems are deployed over HF, VHF, UHF, and microwave radios for both voice and data applications.
- Establish reusable and expandable Systems Architectures and System CONOPS based on specific customer requirements and use cases.
- Work closely with Sales and Business Development to capture and document customer requirements.
- Prepare white papers and presentations. Present directly to customers the custom systems solutions.
- Coordinate with Project Management to ensure the conversion of customer requirements, including informal requirements, into solutions that balance the technical, schedule and cost constraints for the system design.
- Support Proposal Lead to ensure that proposals are executed efficiently and on schedule.
- Provide guidance and mentorship within a growing Systems Engineering organisation.
- Analyse and understand solutions from previous proposals and executed programs in order to provide scope guidance during early capture phases.
- Position requires the demonstrated ability to work effectively with other organisations (Engineering, Sales, Programme Management, and Operations) to complete assigned projects.
- Travel and meet directly with international customers.
- Degree qualified or with equivalent, relevant experience.
- Extensive, proven experience of Systems Design and Systems Integration with relevant technologies.Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Expereince with Multi-Level Secuirty (MLS) and Federated Mission Networking (FMN) Framework Process for net-centric operations
- Proficiency at writing clear and concise language tailored to a wide variety of audiences. Successful candidate will possess excellent technical, interpersonal and customer skills, plus demonstrate the capacity to effectively foster team building within and beyond his/her work group.
- Vehicle and shelter systems integration - to include communication systems, intercom systems, electronics, software application, and power systems.
- Strong technical proposal experience to include knowledge and expertise in the following areas: detailed scheduling, work breakdown structure development, basis of estimates development and technical writing.
- Knowledge of RF antenna systems, two-way tactical radio systems, microwave systems, other wireless systems, IP networks, International Government / MOD/NATO systems experience desirable. Experience with tactical / mobile networking.
- Packaging and performance verification of electrical systems for harsh environments including rugged packaging for transport and mobile applications. Military Systems experience in this area a plus.
- International travel experiences as well as foreign language proficiency a plus.