- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Project Manager
Our client has a great contract opportunity to work on Major Highways projects in relation to the West Yorkshire Plus Transport Fund and West Yorkshire Combined Authority Assurance Framework.
Key Purpose of Post:
- Owns and manages and drives the programme for the individual schemes, ensuring deliverables are understood by the team and that that these can be delivered within the required timescales. Establish the requirements and monitor delivery of these by checking adherence to scheduled commitments.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the West Yorkshire Combined Authority Project Assurance Framework for all allocated West Yorkshire+ Transport Fund (WY+TF) projects ensuring compliance with OGC PRINCE2 methodology and that all schemes are correctly reported on, forecast and delivered in line with the forecast. In addition to the WYCA processes the PM is also responsible for compliance with all CBMDC policies and procedures and any others relevant to the scheme such as Network Rail's where projects interface.
- Monitor and manage the key risks for all projects and implement change control procedures as required.
Main Responsibilities of Post:
- Lead on project management for large scale capital infrastructure projects, co-ordinating resources to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. Developing and maintaining an appropriate Resource Plan to enable delivery of the programme. Drive delivery to ensure that milestones are achieved.
- Ensure that projects are effectively planned and managed within a formal programme and project management framework as defined within the West Yorkshire Combined Authority Assurance Framework and OGC PRINCE2 methodology. Assist in the production of Decision Point submissions and Exception Reports to the West Yorkshire Combined Authority and other potential funders to enable the draw-down of funding for project delivery.
- Appraise options for, and risks to, delivery of projects and make clear and concise recommendations to senior officers, the Programme Board and Elected Members. This includes ensuring the relevant escalation procedures are followed and any interdependencies and interfaces between projects in the programme are managed and reported.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, device contingency plans and provide lessons learnt reporting as required in order to identify successful / unsuccessful project elements.
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations to ensure effective engagement with all project stakeholders communicating with audiences of varying levels of technical knowledge effectively.
- Provide professional advice and guidance in relation to projects, ensuring that key milestones and information are communicated to internal and external stakeholders.
- Be responsible for monitoring risks, development of strategies for their mitigation or avoidance and dealing with issues to ensure projects are delivered.
- Establish and monitor effective systems for change control on projects including preparation and presentation of appropriate exception reports to senior management and external funding bodies in order to secure additional funding (where required) for the delivery of projects.
- Ensure effective arrangements are established for managing project budgets and preparation of financial forecasts.
- Undertake performance management and complex data analysis and interpretation, promoting quality practice and service delivery, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Identify, evaluate and implement processes, technology and systems to enhance project and service delivery.
- Be responsible for programming utilisation of project resources including establishing effective monitoring and planning systems.
- Proactively liaise, negotiate, influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including managers, employees, councillors and partnership agencies as required to ensure the effective delivery of projects.
- Comply with health and safety regulations, legal and statutory requirements, standing orders and financial regulations of the Council in delivery of all aspects of this role.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role as requested by management.