- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
My client, a luxury car company are seeking a Dual Trade Maintenance Technician to work on an annually rolling contract, based out of their headquarters site in Chichester, West Sussex.
The role is offered on a PAYE or UMB basis only.
Core pay rate is £18.53PAYE + Holiday Pay or £23.78UMB
The role is alternating early/late shift - and will pay a shift uplift.
- Take proactive ownership of breakdown support requirements in any area of the site by using appropriate skills and knowledge: Primary support for the breakdown of production equipment. Secondary support for the infrastructure investigation equipment.
- Includes all aspects of Mechanical/Machining, Electrical/Electronic, Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems - with Welding when required and the basic ability for PLC interrogation
- To ensure faults are rectified in a timely, cost effective manner and, routine planned maintenance is carried out in accordance with legal compliance and recommendations from suppliers.
- Full responsibly for ad hoc Toolmaking and Prototyping of specific tooling required for Production.
- Review, develop and complete preventative maintenance measures to enhance the optimisation of the facilities. Responsible for rectifying and reporting defects as a result of preventative maintenance inspections. Reporting via paperwork and computer based data collection methods
- Manage the control of local lineside Spares and Stock. Co-ordinate the associated actions to enable the performing of the maintenance tasks i.e. care and availability of tools, spares, documentation, consumables etc. Where appropriate take responsibility for the replenishment of these resources.
- Ensures adherence to correct working practices, environmental, COSHH, Lock off and Isolation and health & safety regulations and all associated documents and systems. Failure to adhere to these mandatory practices may result in damage to equipment and human life.
- Carry out checks and monitoring of plant & equipment, ensuring optimisation measures are maintained using condition based monitoring.
- Complex fault analysis and elimination, optimisation of equipment (cycle time, availability, product quality)
- Assists in planning shifts and holiday cover to ensure service levels to the business are maintained.
- Supports Production process projects. Takes responsibility for topics allocated to Maintenance.
- Ensuring the E-Plan and technical documentation is updated accordingly.
- Provides advanced technical solutions and involves the control engineers as appropriate.
- Generation of TPM, based on breakdown feedback.
- Promotes and enhances customer supplier relationships.
- Represent the department in the commissioning phase, in functional meetings and equipment specification and buy-off (Plant and Machinery acceptance tests).
- Trains and coaches others Technicians in developing skills / knowledge of processes and equipment. Deliver training and coaching where applicable with lower skilled associates, TPM and basic autonomous maintenance.
- Continuous Training for new equipment and to ensure legally they remain compliant to UK legislation and Best Practice
- Must operate under the pressure of production needs with the available time/resources.
- Challenges with regard to innovation and change
- Advise Planners on new and modified equipment, ensuring they adhere to electrical and mechanical regulations.
- Continuous improvement and efficiency improvement.
- Breadth of role is vast due to the nature of the Company e.g. car wash, petrol fill and explosive F gas to spray booths, sewing machine, assembly lines etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4 year time served Apprenticeship - Incorporating and an HNC and or City and Guilds L3 or NVQ L3 minimum
- 2 years learning experience ideally in a technical role within Production Automation
- Understanding of statutory regulations influencing maintenance e.g. BS7671 18th Edition Skills.
- Machine Specific Training and local Specialisation courses, Including Health and Safety and Environmental training.
- Preferred Specialist PLC and/or Robotic training
- Expert knowledge of process technology and evidence of decision-making. Problem solving and communication skills.
- Understanding of electrical, electronic and mechanical fault diagnosis.
- Proficient in the use of PC, Windows, Microsoft Office and e-mail .
- Strong evidence of 'driving the business'
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK freely.