- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Product Development Engineer - BAE Systems - (BAE080432)
Product development Engineer - BAE Systems - 6 Month Contract - Glascoed, Wales - £23.70ph PAYE or £30.46ph UMB or £27.27ph Limited Company (Inside IR35)
Product Development Engineer - BAE Systems - 6 Month Contract - Glascoed, Wales - £23.70ph PAYE or £30.46ph UMB or £27.27ph Limited Company (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain Security Clearance. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material. Therefore, we can only consider UK Nationals for this position. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
Would you like to join a multi-disciplined engineering team involved in the requirements definition, design, development, manufacture and verification of new and legacy munitions products for UK and export customers ? BAE Systems Land UK currently has a vacancy for a Fuze Product Development Engineer to support requirements definition, design and development of mechanical and / or electronic fuze products at our Glascoed site in South Wales.
The majority of our munitions products need a fuze of some nature to initiate the end effect. As a Fuze Product Development Engineer, you will be responsible for development of mechanical, electro-mechanical or electronic Fuze products.
You may work at any phase of the product lifecycle from requirements definition to disposal depending on the product.
This diverse role requires experience of electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems integration in an aerospace or defence environment. Knowledge of explosives and initiation systems is an advantage.
The position will be based primarily at BAE Systems Land UK in Glascoed, Monmouthshire, however, occasional travel to other manufacturing and test/evaluation sites may be necessary.
* Product design and systems engineering activities for new and legacy products
* Requirements management
* Preparation of engineering deliverables and technical reports
* Product design and evaluation / down selection e.g. Pugh Matrices, Fault Tree Analysis, Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
* Manufacture, test and evaluation of munitions products
* Conducting and managing trials in a safe and suitable manner - from the trials planning stage to completion of the trial and presentation of the data
* Development and use of safe systems of work
* Management of stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure that development activities are completed to time and schedule
* Liaise with customers - both internal and external as demanded
* Working as part of an integrated project team, including engagement with project management, procurement (supply chain) and operations as required
* Degree qualification or equivalent in engineering discipline
* Experience of mechanical systems design and integration in aerospace or defence
* Proven ability to produce high quality engineering deliverables and technical reports to time and cost
* Experience of requirements management
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and models
* A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and strong IT skills
* Chartered engineer with a recognised institution or working towards becoming chartered
* Experience of Electro-mechanical or Electronic systems design and integration in aerospace or defence
* Knowledge of explosives, initiation systems, munition design and manufacture
* Current valid UK Security Clearance to SC level or higher
What we are looking for in you
* You will be self-motivated, organised and have good planning skills
* You will show initiative and be able to work under pressure
* You will be a logical thinker with the ability to analyse problems
* Your written and verbal communication skills will be excellent
* You will have strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
* You will have the ability to work in a team and work independently where required