- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
An opportunity has arisen for a Planner with Electrical experience, based in Port Glasgow.
The overall purpose of the role is to develop and maintain detail production schedules. Through creation of work packs and coordinating the flow of material to Operations they will support the overall project schedules and the Head of Planning to deliver within time, cost and quality. This is a key role in making sure the business has as clear an understanding of performance as possible.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop a production schedule, detailing all tasks, resources and costs to support project completion date.
- Work pack creation and issuing to production.
- Assigning material to work packs and issuing in line with production schedule (manufacturing)
- Support the Quarterly Lookahead Process
- Liaising with production to discuss the progress of the schedule and address any issues that may arise
- Liaise with Project planner to ensure alignment with overall project plan and help advise on any issues that may arise
- Liaise with external subcontractors to ensure support to shipyard schedule
- Progress Overview
- Have excellent business, planning and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, good negotiator and enjoy dealing with people
- Conflict management skills
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to absorb information quickly
- Be able to make decisions, meet targets, adapt to change and work under pressure
- Work as part of a team and individually
- Develop departmental documentation / reports
- Detailed Planning role within a shipbuilding environment or similar (preferred 5+ years)
- Electrical Experience
- Good understanding of Shipbuilding methodology and terminology.
- Understanding of planning principles and terminology.
- Conversant with Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Understanding and conversant with MRP systems
- Working knowledge of Scheduling software (P6 preferred)
- Training and development will be given
- NVQ3 or Higher (Equivalent role-based Experience will be considered).
- APM Project Management Qualification (preferred but not essential)