- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Junior Business Analyst
Our client, a reputable Aerospace and Defence company are requiring a Junior Business Analyst to join them on an initial 6 month contract.
Our client, a reputable Aerospace and Defence company are requiring a Junior Business Analyst to join them on an initial 6 month contract. The role is perfect for someone who comes from a administrative/business support/PMO background, has good administrative & computer skills, and is looking to get in to Business Analysis. Grads also considered.
Role to be based on site in Yeovil but some remote work also available.
Providing and supporting a central business control function across LH Programmes and Projects, providing programme management office activities and systems, standardising processes, developing good practice, producing high quality operational reporting across all contracts.
o Project Management
- manage activities and projects with multiple stakeholders to a defined plan and timescales
- Facilitate reviews with internal and external stakeholders as required, to achieve required deliverables
- Provide Support to run Routine Project Reviews with the Programme Management team to ensure successfully meet objectives
- Working closely with the planning / Configuration and Risk functions within Programme Management Office (PMO) to implement best practice and ensure consistent methodology, systems and reports are applied. Apply mechanisms to monitor and track schedule deliverables to ensure alignment between programme, function and commercial departments.
o Data Analysis
- Analyse data and interpret themes / issues and summarise into action driven outputs
- Produce and analyse demand planning reporting, incorporating historic, current and forecast data (bid and contracted).
- Develop, produce and evaluate Programme and Project cost, quality and schedule key performance indicators and business reports for both internal and external customers with Key stakeholders
- Work across the business to stay well-informed of data integrity and power BI activity to inform Programmes plans
- Implement new processes with multiple stakeholders
- Establish and roll out business and programme management processes based on best practice ensuring interconnectivity with Company procedures.
- Promote and apply project closure good practice to ensure lessons learned are logged. Contribute learning from past and current projects to the overall development of the product and the procedures and knowledge-base of the department.
- Based upon lessons learnt and process gaps, work closely with Programme management and other functions to improve processes and procedures.
- Develop SharePoint content and act as interface for requirements
- Working with the BA team capture cross programme issues and lessons learnt to engage with key stakeholders and suggest improvements
- Act as single point of reference for the PM for Programme Management Office (PMO) scope of activity (supported by the Subject Matter Experts as necessary) to provide support, clarification and resolution of issues.
- Provide guidance on range of PMO activities
- Support the monthly reporting cycle with the execution and co-ordination of inputs and outputs across all project meetings and Management reviews e.g. Line of Business, Managing Director & customer reviews.
- Support the contracts as required with the management of deliverables with the customer using the relevant SharePoint sites.
- Good communication skills, using most appropriate method necessary
- Able to Lead with confidence and also work within a team.
- Capable to own issues and take initial action to resolve, supported where outside scope of influence
Essential knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the Project Management Lifecycle and PM best practice.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Experience of Programme or Project Finances and financial analysis, including project and Cost control experience.
- Effective & persuasive in building a network of contacts, creating strong relationships with the performing functional areas.
- Ability to use and develop SharePoint
- Ability to communicate effectively and present data credibly.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Power BI
- Passionate about data and the ability to positively promote its use within the organisation
- Ability to plan and work flexibly to deadlines
- Ability to understand and communicate complex business and technical needs to a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Role has been determined as Inside IR35. Rate £14.80 per hour PAYE or £19.88 per hour Umbrella.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.