- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Head of Electronics Engineering
Looking to work for a Global High Tech company? The business are key players in the Aerospace and Defence sector and are very busy across 2021!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
"Gold level accreditation for the investors in people award! A testament to the success and value throughout the company!" The company have been recognised as a fantastic business to work for and additionally value employee recognition and are proud members of the 5% club, building and developing their workforce throughout!
The company have an opportunity for a Head of Electronics Engineering, to lead and manage the delivery of technology, people, skills, tools, infrastructure and process to all projects.
This is a functional technical management role, within a dynamic and growing part of the business.
As Head of Electronics Engineering, you will provide technical leadership, and technical engineering expertise for problem resolution and creating innovative solutions. You will be responsible for Electronics work-package definition and, resourcing.
This role could be suitable for someone already at a Technical Leadership level within an Engineering / Technology organisation, who is looking for the next step in their career, equally within a successful and innovative business.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Strong technical background in Electronics / Hardware Engineering.
- Proven technical leadership skills.
- Sound knowledge of functional design and development processes across the product life-cycle.
- Demonstrated performance in delivery of technical work-packages.
- Ability to be responsible for a functional budget, including training and development.
- Ability to communicate internally and externally with both customers and stakeholders.
- Experience / ability in delivering products on time and on schedule.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Experience / Knowledge across a range of Electronic skillsets, one of more of the following would be advantageous; Analogue & Digital Design, RF , Radar, Microwave , Antenna , FPGA , PCB , EMC, EW Electronic Warfare.
- Experience in Model Based Engineering and tools would be desirable.
- Experience in the use and deployment of Electronics/Systems CAD tools and simulators.
- Practical experience of chairing sub-system stage design reviews and/or independent technical assessor under a high level design review process.
- Demonstrated experience in the definition, estimation, monitoring and control of work packages using design review processes and associated milestones and KPIs.
- Experience of taking electronic designs into a production environment and an appreciation of 'Design for X'.
- Mentoring experience (either business or technical institution)
For full information, please get in touch!