- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
This role will be predominantly around the checking/governance of Engineering Substantiation, so experience in the field is mandatory. The successful candidate must be willing to obtain SC Clearance if not already held. Role is Inside IR35
- To conduct engineering assessments of existing nuclear high hazard facilities as part of an Integrated Project Team (IPT) undertaking a Periodic Review of Safety (PRS)
- Maintain an understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and documentation associated with the design of "insert discipline" design and delivery.
- Maintain high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality.
- Carry out engineering assessment and optioneering activities in accordance with the authorised Corporate and Engineering Design Substantiation (EDS) processes and procedures.
- Interpretation of the Specific Safety Functional Requirements (SSFRs) against the relevant Structures, Systems and Components (SSCs).
- Assessment of SSCs against the SSFRs, Modern Standards and Continued Operations.
- Presentation of the results of the EDS assessments: In the format and to a standard specified within the authorised Corporate/EDS processes and procedures for a Design Assessment Report (DAR)
- Technical review of DARs produced by others
- Engineering input into the Shortfall management and Optioneering processes
- Liaison with Facility Engineering and Facility Safety Case Teams
- Producing engineering reports as directed by the EM
- Support production of technical specifications for outsourced work packages.
- Provide tasking information to the Engineering Manager to support project planning.
- Prepare and lead Design Reviews
- Liaison with the appropriate Design and Technical Authorities, to address issues arising from the formal review of those assessments
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.