- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
System Impact Studies Lead Engineer - Distribution
Do you want to provide engineering/technical expertise to solve complex problems and provide leadership skills to manage work in System Impact Studies, with increased latitude for un-reviewed work? If so, please read further ..
Duties & Responsibilities
With increased Latitude for Un-reviewed work, in the area of expertise will provide:
System Impact Studies (SIS) Lead Engineer
- Establishes study standards for Professional Services functional areas to perform System Impact Studies. More specifically:
- Integrated system planning
- Data collection and system modeling
- Arrester and winding assessments
- Equipment loading, sizing and settings
- Circuit analysis and coordination
- Thermal / Voltage / Losses
- Phase loading and volt drop calculations
- System Volt/VAR analysis and remediation
- Reactive compensation studies
- Arc flash studies and training
- Arc flash analysis
- Power flow, stability and harmonic studies
- Harmonic analysis
- Power flow / Contingency NERC TPL studies
- Stability assessments
- Power quality and harmonic studies
- Integrated system planning
- Responsible for all facets of system impact studies utilizing support personnel as necessary
- Provides technical support to personnel assigned to System Impact Studies
- Ensures analysis software meets requirements and provides training to all required personnel
- Assists Regions in responding to customer inquiries regarding System Impact Studies.
- Serves as Project Manager for System Impact Studies requests providing regular updates to the originating Region.
- Provides daily leadership to Specialized Support Engineers including task assignment & prioritization, technical support, QC reviews and meeting scope/date commitments.
- Produces thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, and sketches
- 8 to 12 years' experience as a practicing engineer or equivalent.
- State registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Skilled in engineering theories and principles.
- Skilled in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Work independently
- Customer Oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
- Skilled in principles of project management
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer
Our Client is a Non-Union Company