- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Microsoft O365 Data Migration Specialist
We are recruiting for an Office 365 Data Migration Specialist to work with Engie on a contract basis. The contract has been determined outside IR35 and is offering remote working.
Office365 Data Migration Specialist (SharePoint Online, Teams, Power Platform)
Purpose of the Job:
ENGIE UK is in the process of migrating 10,000 UK based users from an existing O365 tenant to a new O365 tenant. This involves the migration of Exchange mailboxes, O365 applications, OneDrive and Intune plus the move to new Okta and Zscaler environments. The existing O365 Tenant has been in-place for over 3 years so is well embedded in the ENGIE Business and is at the core of many business critical processes.
The Office365 Data Migration Specialist will play a lead role in migrating the SharePoint Online (SPOL), Teams and Power Platform data from the existing tenant to the new tenant.
The role will integrate into the existing project team and provide technical leadership to Project managers and SME's who are involved in the user migration. It will involve direct contact with Business users and effective communication will be a vital component of this role. This role will involve the "hands on" migration of data in certain instances.
The primary purpose of the Office365 Data Migration Specialist role within the UK business unit is to;
- Work with the existing project team to build an accurate inventory of SPOL sites, Teams sites and Power Platform applications (Power apps, Power BI)
- Work with the existing project team and business users to identify applications, utilities and services that have been built on the O365 platform and are used to support and drive business processes.
- Develop migration plans for each of the SPOL sites, Teams sites and Power Platform applications that minimise disruption to business users. Provide technical guidance to both business and IT staff involved in the development and scheduling of the migration plans.
- Execute the migration plan. Ensure effective communications are provided to all business users and that migrations are completed outside of critical business cycles.
- Provide direct support to business users to migrate End User Applications (EUA's) that have been developed on the O365 platform. The will involve analysis of the EUA functionality, guidance on the most effective migration path, migration with minimum business impact and post-migration support.
- Maintain migration records and report migration progress on a daily basis to the workstream project manager
- Provide post-migration support to all business users. Resolve migration issues quickly and effectively.
- Maintain a log of migration issues and ensure that the migration process is amended where necessary to avoid repeat issues
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have detailed knowledge of all Microsoft365 products, preferable supported by the appropriate Microsoft certifications.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to converse with business management and staff in a non-technical manner. Be able to describe and explain complex technical migration requirements to business users.
- Working knowledge of Project/Programme Management Office processes and Project governance
- Must have the ability to logically and effectively work through a problem to identify root cause, direct delivery of their resolution and identify and implement and/or delegate actions to reduce the possibility of them happening again
- Must have at direct, hands-on experience of at least 2 major migration projects, deploying or migrating Microsoft365 products.
- Likely to be an IT professional with at least 10 years experience across a range of IT disciplines.
- Substantial experience in both business & IT Project and Programme management, having a successful track record of delivering large, complex projects or programmes.
- Some exposure to IT strategy and IT/Enterprise Architecture
- Some experience of operational service delivery, in an IT service management environment/ITIL framework.
- Team and people management experience.
- Worked extensively within a matrix organisation.
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders and reporting into steering groups.