- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Product Engineer required for NPD in North Wales
Our client, who are a Global market leader, are currently seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join the Components R&D team at their facility in North Wales. The team design, develop, test and approve low and medium voltage cable accessories for the global market.
The successful candidate will join the team who have responsibility for developing the new products and technology that will play an integral part in this technology transition. You will be part of developing new designs to meet the ever-changing market requirements and providing technical support for our broad customer base.
You will be responsible for the design, prototyping, testing and type approval of new products and materials.
Main duties will include:
- Undertaking product development projects to design, develop and expand our range of accessories in line with customer's needs.
- Liaising with customers, users and material suppliers
- The management of test programmes in the Components electrical laboratory and managing the product approvals process at third party test laboratories when required.
- The presentation of Components products at both technical and commercial forums.
- Working closely with the Manufacturing, planning, purchasing and commercial teams to deliver projects against the business priorities.
- As part of the approvals process there may be the requirement to support directly our customers during field trials and product training.
Suitable candidates will be educated to degree level or higher in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or a similar discipline. Previous experience in a NPD environment will be advantageous but not essential.
A high level of computer literacy including software packages ranging from Microsoft office to 3D CAD software is a prerequisite.
Remuneration package includes:
- Competitive annual salary
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holiday)
- Defined Contribution pension scheme - contributory up to 4% pensionable pay which the company will add up to 8% of pensionable pay
- Private healthcare medical cover for self
- Health cash plan scheme