- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Mechanically biased Production Maintenance Technician required in North Wales
Our client have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanically biased technician/engineer to join the Production Maintenance team at their manufacturing facility near Wrexham carrying out PPM and Re-active duties.
The role will involve the following, but is not limited to:
- Diagnosing, fault finding and repair of Medium/Heavy industrial plant and machinery.
- Completing preventative maintenance checks and inspections.
- Developing and implementing modifications to improved reliability of plant and machinery.
- Working as a team with manufacturing and maintenance colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Working to a continuous shift pattern with necessary overtime to cover holidays.
- Adherence to Health & Safety with absolute priority.
- Lifting and handling plant and machinery components using appropriate equipment and techniques.
The successful candidate will ideally be time served or have an equivalent Mechanical qualification. They will need to have demonstratable experience and knowledge in maintaining hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and also have the ability to weld and braze.
This is likely to be a rotational shift basis 4on/4 off / 11.5 hours per shift with working hours being 7am - 7pm and 7pm - 7am (Monday to Sunday). Each rotation of 4 covers 2 days followed by 2 night shifts however would be confirmed at interview.
Remuneration package includes:
- Competitive basic salary
- 36.5 hours per week (Average)
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holiday)
- Defined Contribution pension scheme - contributory up to 4% pensionable pay which the company will add up to 8% of pensionable pay
- Health cash plan scheme