- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Mechanical Technician (Outside IR35)
Our Aerospace client is looking for a Mechanical Technician who is responsible for assembly and testing of hardware and supporting process documentation to meet quality standards.
Based in the Manufacturing Assembly Integration Test (MAIT) team which is responsible for assembly and testing of hardware and supporting process documentation to meet quality standards.
Overall Role Purpose
Perform day to day MAIT activities to ensure successful delivery of the MAIT phase of internal and external funded projects including (not exhaustive).
- Support in and assembly of R&D and flight hardware.
- Support in and testing of R&D and flight hardware including functional testing/electrical testing/vibration/shock/TVAC/RF testing (May include off site travel).
- Support in the writing of Manufacturing Assembly Procedures (MAPs) and Test Procedures.
- Carry out Detailed inspections of Machined Parts using in house metrology equipment.
- Support in the facility management.
- Support the Project PA Managers in defining/writing qualified MAIT processes when required.
- Identify and propose business improvements and if approved support the implementation
- Support customer/internal reviews
- Visit sub-contractors/suppliers when required
- Ability to be flexible in working hours to meet schedules. (i.e., the occasional long day/weekends)
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Apprentice trained (Mechanical) a distinct advantage
- Strong discipline in engineering knowledge with very strong experience in Assembly of precision components.
- Demonstrable experience of using Metrology equipment.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of MAIT (Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration, Test (functional testing, Electrical bonding/isolation, Vibration, shock, TVAC, kinematic testing of deployable systems)
- Demonstrable experience of using Assembly procedures.
- Previous experience of the Space Industry.
- Technical knowledge of machine components.
- Knowledge of the relevant ECSS standards for the Space sector is advantageous.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.