- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Highway Maintenance Engineer
- Our client is looking for a Highways Maintenance Engineer to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is OUTSIDE IR35
- Part of the team responsible for delivering Planned Maintenance programme of works (carriageway resurfacing, drainage and footway schemes)
- Annual budget of £25m, approx 500 schemes per year
- Individual schemes typically range from £10k to £250k in value, with a handful of schemes up to £1m in value
- Works delivered through the Highways Service Contract.
Design Engineer's Responsibilities
- Identify causes of highway failures and produce engineering solutions in accordance with current standards
- scheme drawings in GIS/AutoCAD
- Cost estimates and works orders
- Site-specific Health and Safety information in accordance with CDM and HCC requirements
- Liaise with Main Contractor and Sub-contractors
- Agree payments
Consult and liaise with members of the public, local councillors, businesses and other departments within client.
Ideally looking for:-
- Engineers with experience of designing highway maintenance schemes on local roads (not motorways or trunk roads)
- Engineers with highway drainage investigation and improvements/maintenance experience
- Experience of working in Local Government
Working conditions / environment:
- Mainly office environment
- Site visits if and when required (to live highways and construction sites)
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
- Overtime occasionally available depending on workloads.
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.