- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Control Systems Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a client based in Southampton, they are looking for a Control Systems Engineer to join their team for a 6 month initial contract inside of IR35.
CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER - SOUTHAMPTON
The client has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. They successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams' work closely to develop technology based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC's, PLC's, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
Automation Control & Technology design, custom build and install a wide range of high-quality control panels, motor control centres (MCC's) and automation systems, offering conventional, intelligent and withdrawable systems with outstanding reliability and functionality. The Control Systems Engineer will work at our Head Office in Southampton, reporting into the General Manager.
- Pre-Contract Site Surveys
- Equipment Selection and Purchasing
- Definition of control system documentation (FDS, SDS, FAT, SAT)
- Configuration and programming of multiple PLC, HMI, SCADA and telemetry systems including:
- Siemens (S7, WinCC etc)
- Allen Bradley (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, SLC, Panelview etc)
- Schneider (M340, Magelis, Talus4e, Intouch, ClearSCADA etc)
- Mitsubishi (A, FX and Q range, Mitsubishi HMIs (Beijer)
- Onsite Fault Finding and Modification of Electrical Control Systems
- Creation of Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Site Progress Reports and other paperwork
Skills / Background;
- A background of working as a Controls Systems Engineer
- Client facing with excellent interpersonal skills
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Either relevant engineering qualification or by experience
We offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee's and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays (holiday entitlement will increase with service)
- The opportunity to buy further holiday
- Flexible Working Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Pension Scheme
We are committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.