- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Subsurface Trainers Virtualisation & Infrastructure Engineer
Subsurface Trainers Virtualisation & Infrastructure Engineer - Broad Oak - 12 Months - £68.02/h UMB (Inside IR35)
- A Systems Engineering role working within the Subsurface Training Group, focussed on virtualisation, network and infrastructure design and implementation.
- Applies a depth and breadth of expertise to IT infrastructure engineering problems, supporting key project design decisions made by the Systems Design Authority.
- Designs and implements IT infrastructure solutions.
- Provides technical guidance to others relating to IT infrastructure
- Articulate, design and document project IT infrastructure solutions for signoff by the training systems System Design Authorities
- Articulate, design and document project networking solutions for signoff by the System Design Authority
- Undertake detailed functional solution design, implement and test the solution is fit to be handed over to the rest of the project team for integration
- Provide evidence to support requirements validation
- Provide Virtualisation and Infrastructure design support to sub-surface training system projects
- Collaborate with other systems/design engineers in the project team(s) to ensure that solutions are optimal for project requirements and compatible with required timescales and available budgets.
- Support project customer events as required
- Support project installations at customer and/or third party sites as required
- Ensure that all deployed virtualisation & infrastructure solution designs are adequately documented to ensure through-life supportability.
- Ensure that the configuration(s) of the sub-surface project Reference, Integration and Development systems are maintained and documented.
- Ensure adequate backups of the project-owned IT systems are maintained and verified.
- Reports to the Project Engineering Manager, or (if determined appropriate for specific task delivery purposes) to a delegated Work Package Manager.
- Designs and records measures of IT infrastructure performance.
- Assist in the production of virtualisation & infrastructure estimates for bids and/or tasks
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
The Subsurface Trainers Virtualisation & Infrastructure Engineer is required to have:
- A detailed knowledge of IT networking and design of networks, including virtualised networks and subnets, switching and routing.
- A detailed knowledge of designing IT systems to meet the required performance.
- A detailed knowledge of installing VMWare and virtualisation
- A knowledge of installation principles and/or standards to meet security requirements
- Knowledge of implementing solutions both in Windows and Linux based systems.
Good communicator and team worker.
Builds trust in team members that virtualisation & infrastructure solutions are appropriate and effective.
Supports other team members in understanding the virtualisation & infrastructure infrastructure solutions.
Able to brief solutions to internal and external stakeholders in informal and formal review situations.
Able to provide management with clear status information to support project planning and reporting.