- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Principal Control Systems Engineer
Principal Engineer to lead Powertrain Control Systems projects. Extensive epxerience of model based design using Matlab and Simulink is required.
Role & Responsibilities:
- To lead technical teams and deliver client projects.
- Technical leadership of teams of engineers involved in development of control solutions
- Interface directly with clients on technical issues
- Focus on delivery of projects on-time and on-budget
- Technical negotiations with clients and support of commercial discussions
- Driving the further introduction of quality procedures and validation processes
- Support of the sales teams in the development of market opportunities through client interaction, proposal support and roadmap development
- Promotion of capability throughout Ricardo's global customer base
- Drive the development of future products and services
- Required Qualifications and Experience
- The successful applicant will have a sound automotive engineering background, and several years of experience in successfully delivering projects in controls either in an OEM or Tier 1 capacity, including having lead teams of engineers.
- Minimum degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline (e.g. electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, computer science, software engineering, maths, control engineering) or industry trained.
- Extensive technical experience in control systems for relevant applications, such as: xEV powertrains, power electronics, motors and drives, engines, transmissions, battery management systems, advanced thermal systems, fuel cell systems, OBD, etc., including demonstrated ability in leading teams in the delivery of projects
- Wide ranging knowledge of automotive powertrain systems
- Analytical approach to developing controls algorithms in an automotive environment
- Fluent in a model-based development languages, especially Matlab/Simulink
- Ability to train junior engineers and develop an effective team
- Drive and commitment to deliver technically challenging projects
- Commercial awareness for preparation of projects and proposal development
- Advanced control methodologies (e.g. Model Predictive Control, Optimal Control, Reference Governor control, Kalman Filters, etc.)
- Systems engineering
- Functional safety
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.