- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Matchtech is working with Water Management Consortium to recruit a Junior Modeller to assist them with their extensive workload which includes a £36m capital works programme in the Lincolnshire and Tidal Trent areas.
This is a rare chance for someone to work on a variety of technically interesting and challenging projects ranging from small water control structures to major pumping station upgrade and refurbishment, in a business with an increasing workload. Whilst their head office is based in Manby Lincolnshire they are open to flexible working.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business that is well respected within the local area and prides itself on providing an effective and efficient service to the local community. They also pride themselves on their ongoing training and development, plus the supportive and collaborative working environment that they offer.
- Undertaking hydrological and hydraulic modelling to ascertain benefits from a range of drainage and flood risk management options.
- Assisting in the preparation of Outline Business Cases for Government grant applications.
- Supporting in feasibility optioneering and preliminary designs for flood risk management assets.
- Supporting in quantifying and costing for estimates and project delivery.
- Attending sites to carry out survey and monitor designed works.
Skills and experience:
- GCSEs Grade C and above
- A levels or equivalenting in a relevant discipline
- Degree related qualification (desirable)
- Experience in modelling catchments to reduce flood risk and manage water levels preferably using HEC RAS or Flood Modeller
- Data manipulation and mapping experience - GIS, LIDAR, Soil, hydrological, topography, Excel, AutoCAD
- Awareness of modelling steps and the influence of design parameters on model output
- A keen interest in land drainage and water level management
- Effective team working and communication skills
- Full driving license
- Positive and proactive approach to health and safety plus tackling problems
- Factual and precise report writing
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 26 days holiday plus B.H
- Nine-day working fortnight