- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Software Developer ( C# .Net)
You could be part of a world-class team creating, designing, testing and qualifying portfolio of world-leading products and technologies, all underpinned by ongoing commitment to and investment in cutting-edge R&D and innovation!
Are you a passionate C# engineer with a love for delivering complex solutions using Web, C#, .NET Core, microservice and containerisation technologies?
You could join an agile team developing desktop and server based tools that support the configuration, deployment and analysis of our wide range of Electronic Warfare (EW) products.
The client is currently undertaking a significant refresh of our legacy products moving towards the latest technologies and considering the future capabilities of technologies such as Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Software Development: You will apply and enrich your software skills across the full software lifecycle with the opportunity to contribute towards the investigation and analysis of leading edge development methodologies and influence the future path of software development.
- Innovative: You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies, supported by annual investment in R&D.
- Continuous Learning: We will support your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring. Working alongside subject matter experts with extensive and detailed knowledge of the EW domain, technology, performance and operational capabilities - the learning potential is limitless.
- Challenging: You will work on products and services that push the boundaries of innovation and technology and deliver a step change in performance and capability to our customers.
- Collaborative: As part in an expansive team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK, you will be working with highly skilled engineers across multiple domains and sites, from electronic warfare experts!
- Work-life Balance: Our custom working policy provides opportunities to work on-site or remotely to balance both personal and business needs.
What you will do?
As part of an agile, multi-disciplined team, you will work with and influence the latest technologies to deliver next generation EW Support equipment for a customer around the world.
You will have the opportunity to develop your career and work with a variety of other engineers both on new and emerging technologies and automation processes
What we are looking for:
People with experience of and a passion for developing software solutions.
You should have a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline with experience of developing software in industry or a research and development organisation. Your experience should include knowledge of the product lifecycle, understanding risk and associated trade-offs and working at a systems level.
Due to the nature of the tasks involved, you must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
In addition, you will be expected to have experience or an understanding of some of the following:
- Web and/or Microservice development experience with C# and the .NET / .NET Core framework.
- Microsoft Visual Studio experience and knowledge of the Microsoft development toolchain.
- Experience with agile / scrum development methodologies
- Use of agile toolsets, such as Azure DevOps
- Experience of designing, building, testing and maintaining modern software applications;
- Unit testing experience
- Awareness of Docker and Kubernetes