- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our Client is an ambitious, privately owned technology product group of companies based in Hampshire. It has a reputation as a world leader in its field as a designer and manufacturer of high quality sensors.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Our Client is an ambitious, privately owned technology product group of companies based in Hampshire. The group has embarked on a growth plan, involving significant investment and continuous improvement. It has a reputation as a world leader in its field as a designer and manufacturer of high quality sensors. These sensors are used by some of the most demanding customers in meteorology, agriculture, road and weather, motorsport, utilities, marine and defence across the globe.
Our Client is made up of four companies:
Research & Development is an engineering company committed to product innovation with a focus on developing user friendly, market leading products utilising proprietary measurement technologies to solve challenging market problems.
Instruments manufactures and sells ultrasonic anemometer and weather station products to the global meteorological and commercial weather measurement markets.
Sensors & Controls is a leading manufacturer of specialist level sensing, oil condition, position sensors and engine control products focused on the off-highway, process control, utilities, motorsport and defence markets.
Specialist calibration services, with over 20 years' experience providing UKAS accredited calibrations in a wide range of parameters
Position Summary The Manufacturing Engineer will ensure, through the design, development and maintenance of manufacturing processes, all products are manufactured efficiently and consistently to meet their specification and the business needs, according to current procedures and using the appropriate technology.
- Maintain and support current products and manufacturing processes.
- Economically improve the manufacturing efficiency and efficacy through development of production processes, business systems, and recommendations for product changes.
- Support the Research & Development team in the development of new products so they are economic to manufacture.
- Lead the transfer to production of new products and implementation of product changes.
- Design, document and implement processes to facilitate the efficient manufacture of new and existing products.
- Provide communication and training on new and modified processes.
- Lead and work on projects with multidisciplinary team members to ensure effective delivery of goals.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Encourage & support continuous improvement efforts throughout the organisation.
- Keep abreast of relevant industry advances and champion their introduction.
- Collect, analyse, summarise and present production and process data, information and trends to management.
- Estimate staffing requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory approvals, quality standards and similar.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Strong problem solving skills; able to diagnose and solve any issue within the domain of manufacturing engineering.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in production engineering, electronics, or mechanical field.
- Capable of working with design teams to apply modern manufacturing principles to new product designs.
- Able to clearly communicate complex technical details and ideas.
- Good commercial and financial understanding.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a modern electronics, software and mechanical device manufacturing environment.
- Certification and experience in process improvement (Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma).
- Project management.
- CAD (ideally, SolidWorks) experience.
- Able to write and edit in scripting languages (e.g. Python, AutoIt, PowerShell) and work with databases.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Results orientated with strong analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Can be creative and systematic, as the situation demands.
- Supports conclusions and recommendations with facts, not opinion.
- Able to implement change effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Resilient, self-motivated, organised and able to work well under pressure; understands own limitations.
- Highly motivated with a very strong personal drive and enthusiasm to overcome manufacturing challenges.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Capable of leading and motivating cross functional teams.
- Has a genuine interest in and commitment to personal self-development.
Manufacturing Engineer - Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Business Unit Director
A position profile does not imply that the duties stated are the only ones to be performed by the incumbent. Employees will be required to follow any other reasonable job-related instruction as requested by their line manager or a Company Director.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.