- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Civils 3D Technician - London - Up to £42k
This global Consultancy are looking for Civils 3D infrastructure Technicians to be based in London working on the production and management of drawing, BIM models and technical reports for large multi-disciplinary projects across the world.
Civils 3D Technician - Up to £42k - Central London
Our client are a well-established Multidisciplinary Consultancy with a global presence in the Engineering world. From helping shape entire cities to tackling the challenge of climate action, a career with this organisation presents the chance to make a difference.
With a world class reputation, their work and people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
They operate in 26 locations worldwide, with over 70 partners and 1,900 employees making them a truly international practice of experts in all aspects of built environments, inspired by how they can help achieve better outcomes across the engineering sector.
Due to their continued forward-thinking approach, they are still looking for infrastructure Technician to be based in London, to work on the production and management of drawing, BIM models and technical reports for large multi-disciplinary projects in the UK and across the world.
As a key member of the Infrastructure team you will be working with a range of engineering specialists across a challenging array of projects. Your role will include:
- Undertaking civil infrastructure design and masterplanning, from concept stage through to construction. Work typically includes drainage, earthworks, highways, pressurised water networks and other utility co-ordination.
- Managing the delivery of BIM models and CAD documentation of designs, as well as compiling BIM Execution Plans.
- Preparing technical reports, specification and schedules.
- Contributing to the planning of team workload.
- Mentor and assist more junior Technicians.
Qualifications / Experience:
- A technical background in infrastructure design, demonstrating development of a technical specialism in a core infrastructure discipline (Highways or Sustainable Drainage).
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD and Civils 3D. Proficiency in MicroDrainage would also be advantageous.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of BIM processes and standards such as PAS1192-2.
- An ability to undertake design tasks with minimal supervision, good communication skills, and willingness to interact will all members of the team.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD.
- A technical member of a relevant institution or actively working towards professional registration status.
Working conditions / environment:
- Based in Central London, with offices close to Tottenham Court Road they are looking at offering hybrid working, with potentially three days based in the office
- The offices offers a vibrant and dynamic environment, where you will find yourself working alongside some of the best talent in the business on a range of UK and Overseas projects
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Chris Jones directly on 01489 873422
- Email your CV
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.