- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
This vacancy relates to Lot 8 for the delivery of 3 schemes along the A1 corridor in Newcastle and Northumberland, with combined scheme budgets in excess of £550m. Support Utility Agent in all aspects.
The Regional Delivery Partnership is a framework contract with Highways England for the development, design and construction of capital road projects that form part of the Regional Investment Programme during Road Period 1 (2015 to 2020) and Road Period 2 (2020 to 2025). The Costain Jacobs Partnership were awarded two lots; Lot 7 (East Region) & Lot 8 (North Region).
This vacancy relates to Lot 8 for the delivery of 3 schemes along the A1 corridor in Newcastle and Northumberland, with combined scheme budgets in excess of £550M.
A1Scotswood to North Brunton - Construction March 2020 - late 2022
A1 Birtley to Coal House - Construction March 2021 - late 2023
A1 in Northumberland - Construction March 2021 - late 2024
The current early works are being undertaken in Stockton and Leeds (with our designers Jacobs) but will move to the north east prior to construction. It is essential that applicants are willing to travel to and work in the north east.
· Support the lead Utility Agent in all matters on utilities.
· Be a designated signatory for 'Critical Services' hold points to permit to digs.
· Support Utility Agent in relation to statutory undertakers on Diversions.
· Support Utility Agent in relation to statutory undertakers on Protections.
· Work with other utility team members on the regular update of trial hole information to tracker and drawings.
· Lead on drive throughs on RDPN construction sites, checking critical utility zones.
· Assist site teams with marking out on site the critical utility zones.
· Contribute to the management of downloads of data from Cat and Genny tools.
· Provide site assistance on utility matters to construction teams and supply chain.
· Attend collaborative planning meetings for each scheme in the RDPN.
· Attend scheme sectional meetings on regular basis.
· Produce, manage and keep up to date the stats tracker for each scheme.
· Attend section leads weekly stats meeting
· Ongoing management and update of stats drawings on RDPN.
· Apply a flexible approach to operational Utility Management support encompassing not just core site hours but some (agreed) split shifts and night working.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· The ability to thrive in pressure situations
· The ability to empathise and communicate with people
· Excellent organisation, communication and time management skills
· Can work on own initiative when required
· Computer literate
· Experience of working within the Highways industry desirable