- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
M62 - Junction 20-25, This role involves pre-construction phase for 3 months before 12 months of construction. Support for handover will also be required
This site-based role will be working under the management of the Project Manager during Stage 6 construction phase of this contract. Pre-construction involvement during Stage 5 detailed design is required.
The role is to lead construction operations to ensure all elements are delivered safely on time and budget, as well as compliance with all Highways specifications. This will include managing a team of engineering staff and all subcontractors to provide technical support and production control. Applicants with Smart Motorways experience are preferred.
This role involves pre-construction phase for 3 months before 12 months of construction. Support for handover will also be required.
· Provide construction leadership and manage all aspects of construction.
· Ensure all works are carried out in accordance with The Costain Way.
· Put safety above all else and lead by example.
· Promote Right First-Time approach to quality and avoid rework.
· Manage a team of engineering staff and collaborate with other members of the project leadership team.
· Support the Project Manager in all construction matters including handover.
· Develop construction strategy including traffic management options.
· Provide planning support and implement production control.
· Provide procurement support and all related subcontract activities.
· Achieve SGAR6 in line with contract schedule.
· Degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
· Knowledge and experience of Highways standards and procedures
· Experience of working within a Principle Contractor environment
· Knowledge and experience of Temporary Works procedures
· CSCS & SMSTS qualifications
· Highways England passport
· Behavioural Management training
· Professionally qualified or working towards professional qualification
· Knowledge and experience in Smart Motorway construction
· Experience as Lean Practitioner
· Understanding of Handover process
· Experience of working within an Alliance