- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
This role will assist in the preperation and development of distribution voltage construction packages for both overhead and underground projects.
Required Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Stay updated with the changing technologies, work planning, and design methodologies associated with Electric Distribution Design
- Ensure adherence to client standards to develop detailed scoping and engineering plans for projects
- Recognize electric distribution framing and components 2.4kV through 35kV, to initiate designs for construction or reconstruction of both overhead and underground distribution facilities
- Perform distribution line design calculations for structure loading, guying, geometric angle calculations, conductor sag interpretation, unitized framing design, construction practices and construction safety guidelines using industry tools and methods
- Assist Right of Way group to secure easements, right of entry requests, and permitting on an as needed basis
- Take personal responsibility for the quality, accuracy, and time constraints of work product
- Partner with subject matter experts input into the scoping such as (Project Management, DOC, Data Maintenance, Planning, Operations, Transmission)
- Possess strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Accountable for the resolution of technical engineering conflicts that affect cost, schedule quality or customer satisfaction
- Able to mentor and/or train other staff members to transfer personal design knowledge to others
- Ensure the integration of safety, reliability, operability, constructability, and configuration management practices into final products/designs/processes
- Proficient with the use of a laptop computer, and related software programs including, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Word
- Strong skills of time management, organizational and multi-tasking
- Able to work outdoors extended hours, walk and carry hammers, stakes, lathes, etc. for the purpose of laying out staking for Electric Distribution Design over and across various terrain, and travel, including overnight stays
Desired Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Familiarity with the NESC or GO95/GO128 rules and its applications to electric distribution line design.
- Familiarity of the operation and maintenance of electrical distribution systems.
- Familiarity of joint construction and electric utility best practices.
- Prefer the ability to interpret property line boundary, topographic surveys, as-built surveys, construction staking, ROW staking and collection of geospatial points.
- Familiarity with the procedures for permit acquisition involving TxDOT, City, County, State and Federal applications.
- Use of surveying equipment and gathering of geospatial points is a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited university, with Electrical Engineering (BSEE) preferred
- Experience level in engineering discipline of at least 3 Years
- Ability to pass background check and drug screening and possess a current Texas Driver's license with an insurable driving record
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification Preferred