- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Safety CAE Senior Engineer
In this role you will perform full vehicle and sub-system crashworthiness CAE simulations on NIO passenger vehicle programmes.
About NIO Inc.
NIO Inc. is a pioneer and a leading manufacturer of premium smart electric vehicles in China. Founded in November 2014, NIO's mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs develops, jointly manufactures, and sells smart premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in autonomous driving, digital technologies, electric powertrains and batteries. NIO differentiates itself through its continuous technological breakthroughs and innovations, such as its industry-leading battery swapping technologies, Battery as a Service, or BaaS, as well as its proprietary autonomous driving technologies and Autonomous Driving as a Service, or ADaaS.
- Develop full vehicle and sub-systems models in LS-Dyna.
- Carry out simulations of required load cases, analysis of results and provide design recommendations throughout the development phase to progress vehicle programs
- Support the development and optimisation of the vehicle body-in-white and interior sub-systems, working on advanced metallic, composite materials and joining technologies.
- Critically assess CAE model results against physical test data and determine root causes for differences.
- Work closely with the global CAE and Attribute teams.
- Support improvements in modelling techniques to help increase simulation accuracy and engineering knowhow.
- Minimum: Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant.
- Good working knowledge of vehicle body structures, interiors and safety load cases.
- Thorough understanding of finite element analysis. MUST have hands-on experience with LS-Dyna and pre- and post-processing tools like ANSA, META, HYPERMESH and HYPERVIEW.
- Experience with US and ECE regulations, Euro NCAP and IIHS consumer rating programs and related China requirement equivalents.
- A knowledge of and enthusiasm for (or belief in) the sector of the industry in which NIO operates.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrates high level of personal motivation to join a dynamic organisation and sees development opportunity in doing so, takes a proactive approach to self-development.
- Demonstrates alignment to NIO values; Honesty, Care, Vision, Action. Someone who respects and works well with others.
- The ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- Willing to travel to China, Europe and US.
- Right to work in the UK.