- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Contracts Manager
Our client is seeking an experience Contracts Manager to join their team in Grimsby on a 12 month contract.
- Business or procurement related qualification.
- Working towards the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) qualification.
- IACCM Commercial & Contract Management Certification Program - Advanced Practitioner Level
- CMI / CIPS
- Experience of corporate and operational procurement in a large, diverse organisation
- Challenging and varying workload with conflicting priorities, resource demands and timescales
- Working knowledge of contract and procurement law.
- Detailed knowledge, awareness and understanding of procurement best practices and technology.
- Specialist knowledge in the application of the Procurement Strategy and Contract Procedure Rules or equivalent.
- Detailed understanding of Best Value and Partnership principles.
- Well-developed knowledge of contract management practice and application.
- Ability to influence senior management and Global Functions
- Confident and articulate when dealing with contacts at all levels, both internal and external.
- Analysis and interpretation of a variety of financial and non-financial information.
- Prepare, produce and present reports in a clear and concise format, and using a variety of techniques to suit the audience
- High level of facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to challenge in order to identify business need and inform options
- Experience of arranging and managing contracts for a large organisation, including compliance with procurement processes.
- Working knowledge in the implementation of performance management and positive performance on an operational level.
- To deliver strategic and operational procurement for Region ensuring it is in line with the Regional Strategy and aligns with Global Procurement Function
- Aligned with Stakeholder requirements, develop and produce the Regional Annual Procurement Plan and Contracts Register, ensure this is fed into the Global Procurement Demand Tool.
- To lead and support all procurement activities within Region and act as primary Point of Contact / Advisor to the Global Procurement functions.
- Ensure the Module Sourcing Handbook is regularly reviewed and updated with Regional Information
- Stakeholder Engagement - Ensure Procurement developments and Contract Awards are sufficiently disseminated into Regional Contract Users.
- Development of the operational overview and oversight of all procurement activity within Region
- Provide a challenge and assurance role for compliance within our Contracts (Legislation and other statutory regulations) in the adoption of our Contracts.
- Develop and implement the Regional Procurement Framework and Processes comprising Procurement Strategy, Contracts Register, Annual Procurement Plan, Annual Procurement Spend Analysis, Procurement Manual, Procurement Training Programme for Contract Users and Contract Procedure Rules and Clauses.
- Provide and facilitate the development and organisation of a procurement training and awareness Programme for all Regional staff with procurement responsibilities, to improve and embed procurement capability and competence across the Region.
- Prepare and present relevant reports to Regional Management on a range of procurement issues e.g. analysis of spend, progress reports contract award recommendations.
- Develop and implement appropriate procurement contracts on behalf of the Region to ensure effective use of resources and that optimise value for money and best practice.
- Reinforce compliance and understanding in Region for all procurement governance and activity. Be a "Procurement Ambassador" maintaining the highest levels of integrity. Embedding best practices and disseminating procurement knowledge throughout the Region.
- Support and develop Finance Specialist ensuring contract spend is accurately assigned within the system through robust finance and procurement processes.
- Contractor Performance Dialogues
- Ensure Contract spend is annually fed into the Business Controller for budget
Creativity & Innovation
- Facilitate the development and delivery of the Regional Strategy, to ensure that it fully supports the delivery of operational requirements. Undertake a "gap analysis" to identify required developments and enhancements that would benefit Region and Operational Contract Users.
- Develop new and innovative ways to procure, through working in partnership with others, local procurement initiatives and facilitate new procurement methods/techniques that will better achieve Regional and local gains.
- Devise and propose innovative, cost effective solutions to complex strategic and operational procurement and business needs that limit exposure to risk, challenge, loss of reputation and cost.
- Devise and develop Regional templates for procurement documents required throughout the procurement process.
- Challenge existing procurement arrangements, ongoing procurement processes and service delivery methods.
- Manage a challenging and varying workload with conflicting priorities, resource demands and timescales that meets the needs of both Regional Contract Users and Global Procurement Sourcing Managers.
- Identify and mitigate risks in all procurement activity that enables the Region to manage and assess risks, deliver savings and better value for money through Procurement activity
Monday - Friday 36.5 hours per week