Find your future role
Bid Manager - Permanent Position - Bath - Up to 50k plus benefits with hybrid working available.
Key skills required for this role
We are looking for a Bid Manager to deliver on all the expectations associated with the end to end Bid Process, including planning and managing activities across a range of disciplines, identifying and delivering bid plans and strategies. It also includes undertaking a wider range of coordination and administration duties to support the bidding and work winning activities across the wider organisation.
The Bid Manager will report to the Head of Bidding and will work closely with other members of the Bidding Team, extended Future Business Team as well as with a wide range of individuals across the organisation as required by the specific business needs.
This role will interface with all business functions in the respective areas, for example the commercial teams, resource managers, operations, strategy and capability teams, technical delivery teams, ICT and Information Systems, as well as the senior leaderships, as required. It will also include liaison with other organisations within the organisation.
On many occasions the Bid Manager will also engage with the external parties, including partners, subcontractors, academia, individual experts, clients, e-procurement portal providers and other bodies with which we engage to win business.
The role of Bid Manager requires a high level of flexibility as the Bidding Teams will differ from bid to bid (depending on the bid requirements and scope), but also a Bid Manager will be expected to contribute to wider corporate tasks such as for example the Bid Library which will require working across a wider organisation.
Please note, to be considered for this role you must be eligible to hold UK Security Clearance at SC level and will be subject to security checks.
In terms of location, our offices are in Bath and we are happy to explore flexible and hybrid working arrangements. The team meet in the Bath office two or three times a month.
The successful applicant will thrive on being highly motivated to support work winning activities: they will have an excellent eye for detail, not accept second best, and will take personal pride and responsibility for all aspects within their control. The Bid Manager will need to match the following requirements:
- Strong, proven track record of bid management / major tender preparation
- Knowledge and understanding of the defence / engineering / consultancy industry preferable
- Demonstrate understanding of bidding practice, procurement processes and quality systems
- Able to take a flexible approach which responds to the issues presented
- Show creativity and flexibility in their approach to each activity, and being able to engage people from different functions in order to jointly deliver bids
- Takes immediate ownership of the tender process
- Able to work under pressure and 'do all it takes' to deliver work to deadlines whilst maintaining a professional approach
- Able to work collaboratively with clients, colleagues and senior management
- Natural communicator with excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise a busy schedule and workload
- Dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and/or external customers
- Extremely organised and with a keen eye for detail
- Confidently deals with changing requirements
- Consistently looks for new and more effective ways to do things
- A finisher, with the attitude to go the extra mile
- Team player, demonstrate a positive attitude to lead and motivate others
- 'Can do' attitude and solution provider
- IT Skills required in all Microsoft Office applications
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, and personal development.
Don't hesitate to ask more about our benefits during the hiring process.