- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Unskilled GRP Laminator - Portland
We've partnered with a global manufacturer to help them find 8 Trainee Laminators based in Portland
Your typical working hours will be 7.00am to 3.30pm Monday - Friday. The Portland site is easy to get to, with a local bus that arrives in time for your 7am start, or onsite parking if you're using your own transport.
You'll start out as a temporary worker, with the opportunity to become a permanent member of the team once you're up and running.
- £10.30 - you'll receive this from day one of your training, as a basic rate of pay
- £11.25 - after twelve weeks of service, your pay rate will automatically increase to £11.25, in line with Agency Worker Regulations (AWR)
- £12.70 - after 26 weeks of continuous service, you'll be eligible for a further pay increase, following a performance observation
About the job
As a Trainee, you'll get all the learning and support you need to start up as a Laminator, with training usually lasting about 4 weeks.
From here, you'll get fully involved in the production process, working with a range of hand lay materials, as well as preparing and releasing different sized moulds. You'll work as part of a small team to meet the production targets, whilst delivering a high standard of workmanship.
What do I need?
You don't need any previous experience in laminating or other trades to apply!
The start date is Monday 6th March 2023, so you'll just need to be available from this date - you won't be able to book any annual leave during the first 4 weeks of training.
Once you've applied, we'll invite you to the site on Tuesday 28th February, to have a tour of our facilities and meet your manager for a short in person interview.
If you're successful, you'll be given a range of safety equipment including branded Hi-Viz, Eye protection, ear defenders and protective gloves - all you'll need is to bring your own personal safety footwear when you start!
Once you've been made permanent, you'll have access to a wide range of company benefits, including:
- 22 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays, which increases with continued service
- Overtime at x1.5 & x 2.0 payrate, depending on the total hours you've worked
- A generous company pension scheme, with a 6% employer contribution
- The Employee Referral Scheme with financial rewards
- Private medical insurance, including baby bonus and Digital GP (after four years service)
- Dental insurance (after four years service)
- Health Assured EAP
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Death in service scheme
- Christmas Savings Club - financial support scheme
If this sounds like you, click the apply link to find out more, and start your journey today!
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.