Find your future role
UK HSE Manager (Yorkshire and London)
I am looking for a UK H&S Manager to work on multiple water frameworks spanning London and Yorkshire. They have multiple offices in these regions and travel will be required when needed.
Key skills required for this role
Health, safety, NEBOSH, IOSH
UK Driving licence, willing to travel when required
You will have 2 direct reports and will be working for a growing business who are going through growth. You will lead the HSQE team and the implementation of their HSQE system.
You will work closely with the site teams to ensure that projects are delivered safely and ensure that risks are appropriately managed on site whilst promoting SHEQ standards across the company.
The main duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Act as a point of contact for HSQE matters for relevant operations, liaising and interfacing with relevant personnel ensuring compliance is met on plans and procedure.
- Provide advice and deal with queries and correspondence on HSQE issues. Provide HSQE advice and direction to staff and contractors, liaising with Site Personnel
- Reporting to HSQE Director on HSQE Performance across the UK
- Develop and implement HSQE Procedures. Ensuring that new procedures and/or practices are developed to prevent the same or similar accidents;
- Ensure compliance with current Environmental, Health and Safety legislation and maintain awareness of legislative changes and industry standards. Provide onsite HSQE presence during construction and operations to ensure HSQE controls, mitigation measures are implemented, maintained and performance monitored
- Obtaining and reviewing safety documentation from Clients, Suppliers and Subcontractors;
- Carrying out Site Inspections and generating reports;
- Liaising with external parties relating to HSQE;
- Manage the UK HSQE Department;
- Ensure ISO (9001, 45001, 14001 and 50001) compliance of all Offices, Sites and Plants;
- Developing and proposing safety objectives and targets and safety measurement methods;
- Identifying safety training needs and safety training;
- Assist and lead team incident investigations overseeing the HSQE team through reports and action tracking. Conduct incident/accident investigations and prepare reports for internal/external purposes;
- Review reports of reportable accidents and obtains necessary clarification or further details;
- Notify the H.S.A. of any reportable or dangerous occurrences;
- Maintain relationships with Government agencies;
- Monitor emerging EHS legislation and ensure company is compliant;
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The main knowledge, skills and experience required of the UK HSQE Manager are outlined as follows:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a similar role, preferably in the civils, water and wastewater industry.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Legislation, Regulations and Best Practice requirements.
- Strong and proven ability to influence change and be a champion of best practice
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Full Driving License.
On offer is a salary of 75-80k + a car or car allowance.