Find your future role
Space Systems Engineer - Electronics
Are you seeking a new opportunity in a dynamic global company that fosters a supportive environment? Are you interested in a role where you can make a significant impact?
Key skills required for this role
Electronics, Microprocessors, FPGA
Experience using microprocessors and FPGA, Flexible Relocation Support
We are currently seeking Space Systems Engineers to join our expanding team based in Harwell, United Kingdom. As part of our team, you will play a crucial role in supporting our UK business across a range of exciting space programs, including Spaceports, Space Launch, PNT, Earth Observation, AI, and Cyber programs.
Ideal candidates for these positions will be engineers with strong work ethics and analytical skills, who thrive in a project-based environment. Whether you have a few years of relevant experience or are looking for an opportunity to enter the fast-paced and exhilarating space domain, this role is open to you.
Tasks and Activities:
You will be involved in:
- Assisting in the delivery of various high-quality projects to our esteemed clients, including Spaceports, novel PNT, RF & SDR technologies, space and security studies, and Space Weather & SDA.
- Supporting the development of compelling, competitive proposals in response to customer Invitations to Tender (ITTs) or Requests for Proposal (RFP).
- Maintaining and enhancing our clients reputation with our valued customers.
- Collaborating with colleagues to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Participating in training programs relevant to the business units and functions.
- Effectively responding to adhoc requests.
Skills and Experience:
The following skills and experience are essential:
- BSc or higher in Engineering, Maths, Physics, or a space-related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in working with electronic components such as Microprocessors and FPGA's at a Systems level.
- Proficiency in Model Based Systems Engineering and general Systems Design tools for developing and documenting agreed-upon solutions.
- Proficiency in Python scripting.
- Tenacity, innovative thinking, and enthusiasm.
- An analytical mindset.
- Diligence and a desire for continuous learning.
- Excellent organisational, planning, and time management skills.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Articulate in both verbal and written communication.
- Objective and logical thinking with a curious and creative mindset.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team.
- Resilient and composed under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages and IT literacy.
- Eligibility for UK Government SC Clearance.
The following skills and experience would be highly advantageous:
- Experience in the Space and/or Defence domain.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a prestigious institution.
- We encourage innovative thinking and pushing the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role provides a chance to join a forward-thinking company and gain a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Unique career opportunities (including international assignments)
- Personalised training and development programs
- Flexible relocation support.