Find your future role
Our client, a leading supplier of products & services to the Aerospace industry, are currently looking for a Production Engineer to join them on a permanent basis out of their site in Fareham, Hampshire.
Key skills required for this role
Solidworks & EdgeCAM (or similar CADCAM software)
Your role will be to complete the industrialisation of design changes or introduction of new products, whilst providing on-going technical support to the existing product portfolio.
As a Production Engineer, you are responsible for the definition of all aspects of the production method including definition of machine tools, equipment, manufacturing instructions, stage drawings, setting sheets, CNC programs, tools and gauges as required.
You will ensure manufacturing is achieved with robust quality and at the lowest total cost whilst ensuring that the project actions / objectives / milestones are achieved on time, on budget, and in accordance with all customer and company requirements.
- Deliver all elements required for successful New Product Introduction and method changes.
- Provide technical support to the existing product portfolio.
- Deliver rapid problem solving to minimise the impact of product non-conformance.
- Whilst ensuring all Quality, Cost and Delivery Targets are respected.
- Interpret customer documentation Bill of Materials (BoMs), specifications, drawings, sketch sheets, assembly & test schedules etc. to ensure robust manufacturing processes.
- Creation of all process & procedures for the production of parts and sub-assemblies, including the definition of associated tooling.
- Responsible for fully validating all manufacturing processes, in accordance with internal and customer procedures.
- Maintain, support and control of instructions, stage drawings, tool and gauge management systems.
- To support the NCR process from root cause identification through to implementation of corrective actions.
- Request for quotation - generate all details for manufacturing cost input.
- Specify equipment and tooling needed for New Production products.
- Generate capital justification for new equipment.
- Ensure that products and services meet the requirements of customers, quality standards and airworthiness authorities.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve processes and working practices and take responsibility for implementing improvement actions.
- Recognised Engineering Qualification - Minimum HNC.
- Documented training in 3D CAD system preferred.
- Working Knowledge of Solidworks & EdgeCAM, however, other CADCAM experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of Production Engineering either from Aerospace (preferred), high tech manufacturing or precision engineering.
- Thorough understanding of the manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Ability to create a plan and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Strong IT skills including a 3D CAD system and MS Office applications.
- Ability to create and modify CNC machine programs.
- Experience of creating / updating technical documents.