|Job Title: Electrical Integration Engineer
|Date Prepared: 15/07/2021
|Reporting To: Principal Electrical Engineer
|To be responsible for the in the selection of electrical system components for both LV and HV, relating to all elements of a vehicle and integration of these into products, these can be as diverse as a lighting system, radar detection to an EV Driveline and Pantograph charging.
|ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Responsible for selection and integration of vehicle electronics system components from various suppliers new and existing
- Working within the electrical and wider teams to package the components in accordance to good working practice and reducing risks from interference
- Working with suppliers to make sure that components are of good quality
- Responsible for detailed design of Wiring Harnesses and LV Power & Ground distribution system, ensuring Design For Manufacturing (DFM), Tech Specs and DVPs.
- Represent the team in technical meetings and discussions, reporting information, concerns and milestone from the team to the project and vice versa.
- Liaison with external supplier engagement and supervise the correct execution of designs.
- Assist the Electrical Team with BoM maintenance.
- Practical vehicle fault analysis with a hands-on approach during development/concept build phase using CAN based tools
- Producing software specifications for outsource suppliers, and testing software deliverables on rig and vehicles where required
- Supporting test and homologation phases of vehicles.
|ESSENTIAL/DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience within automotive industry or similar manufacturing industry.
- 3D CAD design experience, Solidworks/ Catia.
- 2D Drawing creation.
- Engineering design principles and materials properties awareness.
- Pro-active and passionate about continuous improvement.
- Experience with designing to meet homologation standards such as Reg10 EMC and Reg100 Electrical Safety.
- Usage of CAN communication in vehicles ideally J1939 heavy vehicle spec, and experienced with diagnosing CAN using Peak / Vector tools.
- Software specification design
- CATIA V5 - Electrical Harness, Part Design, Surfacing and Assembly workbenches.
- BoM management.
- Packaging experience, including Fasteners definition and Manufacturing assembly processes.
- 3D Wiring Harness design experience.
- Electronics packaging requirements awareness (antennas, radars, speakers, displays and ECUs).
- Experience in production line.
- Industry relevant experience with schematic design tools. Proficient in the creation of schematics and 2d harness drawings in line with industry recognised EDS standards.
- SAP (Training will be given).
- Skilful on using collaboration tools and Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated, and ability to work without supervision.
- Able to work in a cross functional team and different vehicles, interacting with different stakeholders in different departments.
- Good reporting and efficient communication of work progress.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent personal workload management and
- Flexible approach to working hours.