- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Substation Physical Engineer
This is a full-time role with a proven engineering consultancy with over 30 years of industry experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for leading the technical substation team
- The candidate will function as Project Engineer and Technical lead for the Power Delivery line of business specific to Substation Projects
- Candidate will help prepare proposals and cost estimates.
- Candidate will oversee the day to day operations on all Power Delivery Substation projects and report to the Power Delivery Program Manager.
- Candidate will be responsible for managing the technical, financial, and scheduling aspects of projects
- This position will provide engineering for the design of substation facilities for all voltages up to and including 765 kV. This includes new substations and switch yards, modifications, additions and upgrades to existing facilities.
- Responsibilities include:
- Help on developing new client relationships and expand existing relationships.
- Accountable for project financial performance, quality standard, project deliverables.
- Development of project concepts, work planning, and project execution.
- overall engineering and analysis for new switch yards and substations, additions and modifications.
- preparation of equipment specifications and procurement support.
- Preparation of calculations and reports.
- layout and general arrangements for all major equipment and structures required for switch yards or substation.
- Protection and Controls design relay protection schemes and develop settings for electronic and electro-mechanical protective relays.
- Physical drawing requirements include Site Plans, Plan and Elevation Views, Grounding, Conduit, Lighting, Lightning Protection and Shielding, control building arrangements and details, AC Station Service, DC systems and Bills of Material. Includes performing substation grounding calculations and studies, lightning protection and insulation coordination, lighting, bus calculations, transformer and bus sizing calculations, fault calculations, and AC and DC auxiliary system sizing calculations.
- Protection and Controls drawing requirements include One Lines, Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, Relay Panel/Rack design.
- Travelling is required to various project locations to conduct field investigations or client meetings (Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation (Local customer/job related travel is anticipated and will be reimbursed at IRS approved rates)
Qualifications and Skills:
- BSEE, BSEET, degree, from an ABET accredited university, preferably with a power option
- 5+ years of experience relevant experience in substation engineering
- Professional Engineer Certification, or ability to obtain one
- Prior utility experience with similar projects is required
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and to lead and direct a team of engineers, designers, and drafters
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work with limited supervision and providing leadership to other team members
- Problem solving skills; accuracy and attention to detail; commitment to meeting budgets and schedules.
- Familiarity with the design and operation of utility electrical systems
- Physical layout and protection & controls experience.
- Ability to prepare project reports that clearly and specifically detail all project status information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.