- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
The Designer may be responsible to provide direction, training, supervision and guidance of other design staff of equal or lower grade as directed by supervision. Perform detailed design of overhead and/or underground electric distribution systems.
This work includes the preparation of field notes, drawings, specifications and estimates as defined by the client's scope of work document. Analytic competence to interact with variety of individuals including engineers and experienced distribution system designers. With minimum supervision perform a variety of design related duties including but not limited to the following:
- Design and prepare independently, construction orders related to overhead, underground facilities associated with electric distribution systems applying prescribed standards, guides, specifications and procedures.
- Preparation of field notes and design.
- Stake projects in the field using appropriate and accepted staking practices (may be client specific).
- Preparation of computer assisted design and construction drawings of a complex nature with neatness and a minimum of errors.
- Perform design services requiring a full understanding of drawings, specifications, and industry and company standards covering the assigned work.
- take a major role in the preparation of cost estimates, specifications, evaluation, and requisitions.
- Preparation of engineering calculations (pole loading, guying, transformer sizing, conductor loading/sagging, load studies, voltage studies).
- Coordinate design development to meet project schedules.
- Contact landowners and/or their agents, to negotiate agreement of Rights of Way (easements) for proposed utility equipment. Obtain necessary contact and tax map information for easement processing.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.