- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
A Class Lineman (Transmission)
Class A Lineman Transmission is a skilled position in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical transmission systems. The position may also be required to travel to another state depending on customer demands.
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized transmission work.
- Capable of leading crew members in the absence of the Foreman.
- Stringing overhead wire.
- Setting poles and anchors.
- Troubleshooting problems on transmission systems.
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor.Able to identify transmission primary and secondary voltage on a circuit.
- Proficient in all aspects of transmission line work.
- Able to obtain knowledge of hot stick work on energized lines.
- Proficient in understanding and reading blueprints.
- Able to properly sag wire.
- Capable of leading crew in assembly and erection of structures to all heights.
- Understands dead ending and sagging operations for all conductors.
- Capable of executing hot line work on conductor systems.
- Proficient at operation of digger derrick.
- Able to obtain knowledge in bare hand work - 44KV & 100KV.
- Proficient in Pole/Tower Climbing.
- Proficient in all aspects of heavy lifting and rigging.
- Must be familiar with induced voltage.
- Understands grounding procedures.
- Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces.
- Capable of properly installing and removing PPE and cover up.
- Must be able to climb different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.) and possess the necessary tools to do so.
- Understands how to phase out a line using phasing sticks.
- Understands proper use of phasing sticks.
- Able to identify and locate puller and tensioner setups.
- Capable of planning safe work based on a job print or work order.
- Understands how to obtain a one shot on a recloser.
- Understands minimum approach distance.
- Understands flag and tag procedures.
- Capable of performing basic bucket rescue/escape.
- Must be able to effectively conduct a pre-job or tailgate briefing.
- Must be able to safely perform a reconductoring job.
- Capable of safely installing and removing mechanical jumpers.
- Able to properly inspect rubber goods, cover and PPE.
- 5-year minimum of recent field experience.
- Able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to obtain a Commercial Driver's License permit within 60 days of employment.
- A Commercial Driver's License is required.
- Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
- Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
- Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
- Able to properly inspect rubber goods and PPE.
- Willing to work over-time when requested.
- Willingness to glove/work high voltage transmission lines.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.