- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Subcontracts Administration Engineer
My client has been awarded by Egyptian Chemical & Fertilizers Industries – KIMA an EPCC (Engineering-Procurement-Construction-Commissioning) Contract on lump-sum turnkey basis for the realization of a new Fertilizers Complex within the existing industrial area in the Aswan Governorship (Upper Egypt).
The new Fertilizers Complex will implement the KBR “Purifier” technology for the ammonia production unit, the Stamicarbon “Pool Reactor” technology for the urea melt production unit and the Stamicarbon urea granulation technology for the urea granulation unit along with all the necessary Utilities & Off-site facilities to support the process units.
The Subcontract Administration Engineer (hereinafter SAE) has the duty to check in detail the accounting submitted by Subcontractors for "unit prices Subcontracts"; in particular verify quantities (to be calculated in accordance with the drawings issued for construction and in accordance with the Methods of Measurement defined in the Subcontract), verify correct application of unit prices (to be in accordance with the Subcontract price list, and Subcontract requirements), verify correctness of all calculations (arithmetic).
SAE assist the Subcontract Administration Manager in all the Subcontract Administration activities with particular reference in the evaluation and verification of extra works.
Duties and responsibilities
• Instruct the Subcontractor on the procedure of Administration (methods for preparation of accounting, evaluation of extra works, interim and final payment certificates, etc.)
• Review in detail and comment/approve the Subcontractor's Interim and Final Progress Payment Certificate(s) (PPC), gets approval signatures from Site Manager (STM) and Subcontracts Administration Manager (SAM) and issue to Subcontractors the authorizations for invoicing.
• Review accounting (pricing or accounting sheets) submitted by Subcontractors checking in detail quantities, correct application of unit prices and correctness of all calculations.
• Assures that extra works, new unit prices, claims, backcharges, liquidated damages and close out of the Subcontracts are performed / processed in accordance with the relevant procedure.
• Ensure that the final payment certificate contains the following documentation:
− Subcontractor's close out letter
− Draft of the Bank Guarantee
− Certificate of completion
− Certificate of technical acceptance
• Ensure timely receipt from Subcontractors of copy of all Insurances required by the Subcontracts.
• Verify and check invoices, if required by the relevant procedure.
• Check and ensure receipt of all Subcontract documents from Home Office.
• Ensure receipt of copy of all drawings issued for construction to be kept, properly filed, for accounting records purposes in accordance with the relevant procedure.
• Ensure that all Subcontracts and accounting documents are properly filed and in auditable conditions in accordance with the relevant procedure.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.