- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Snr Business Developer
Our client, a leading European organisation, specialised in Power Generation and Renewable Energy are currently looking for a Snr Business developer to lead the identification.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of the power and gas sector in Southern Africa, including competitors, potential partners, key stakeholders and regulatory evolutions in the region.
- Ownership and responsibility to populate the project pipeline through proactive prospection, identification of projects opportunities and assessment of projects feasibility.
- Prepares and presents the necessary project documentation for securing a project development budget.
- Leads the development of specific projects and negotiations of all project agreements.
- Organisation of due diligence missions.
- Identification, in consultation with a multidisciplinary team, of the best options for all components of a project: offtake, technology, equity partnership, ownership structures, contractors, suppliers, financing, etc.
- Management of the overall project development from origination to financial-/transactional close in a competitive environment, often with short deadlines. This includes the negotiation and finalisation of documents such as Power Purchase Agreement, Fuel Supply Agreement, Consortium and Shareholders' Agreements, EPC and O&M arrangements, Financing and Security documents, etc.
- Leadership and management of a team of multidisciplinary specialists, primarily in legal, technical, and finance disciplines, on development projects.
- Review of all relevant and critical elements in projects.
- Analysis of the project risk allocation and mitigation as per the company's methodology.
- Responsibility of project development budget(s), project overviews, and schedules.
- Active collaboration with various support and other functions within and outside of the Africa Business Unit.
- Build up project documentation, prepare and finalise detailed documentation to support investment approval in line with the investment criteria and internal Business Development procedures.
- Contribution to the general market intelligence, competition and technology watch, etc.
- Contribution to the Business Development department tasks such as reporting, budgeting, data base, etc.
- University Degree in Engineering, Finance or Economics
- International MBA is a plus
- Minimum 12 years' relevant working experience in international business transactions and project development within the power generation industry
- Experience with technical, financial, economic and legal aspects of business transactions. Previous experience in the African or emerging market energy sector is a preference
- Capable of managing oneself in a high workload, short deadline and competitive environment and delivering the expected business outcome
- Demonstrable track record in successful financial close in the development and implementation of non-recourse financed Independent Power Producer projects is preferred
- Additional experience in gas business development is desirable
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.