- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
We are currently conducting maintenance on this area of the website, including the contractor portal for timesheets and payslips. We hope to have everything back up and running shortly and this should not affect any payment runs. Thank you for your patience.
CNC Machinist/Prototype Machinist
A leading, international manufacturer is hiring for an experienced machinist in Attleboro. This is a full-time, control role with benefits available. Possibility of a permanent position after contract period.
This position will fabricate complex prototype models of components for testing by our product design group. The components may be fabricated from raw stock or modifying existing components. This position will also fabricate machine components in support of our in-house equipment design and build group. This role works closely with our engineering team on design features, feasibility of fabrication, and maintaining tolerances. This candidate must be well-versed in all aspects of tool room equipment and fabrication and are comfortable with various measuring equipment.
Strong candidates will possess:
- A strong CNC background in milling. CNC turning is a plus
- Proficiency in current version MasterCam and SolidWorks is a plus
- Ability to setup and operate of a wide variety of machinery
- Ability to construct precision prototype parts and models from raw stock materials.
- Work from blueprints, solid models and sketches, and receive verbal and written instructions.
- Tool and die-making /assembler experience is a plus.
- The ability to operate conventional machining equipment including Vertical Millers (Prototrak control), Lathes, and Surface grinders.
- Design and construct tools, jigs, and fixtures for assembly and manufacturing needs to meet production schedules and objectives.
- Experience with 3D printing is a plus.
- 5+ yrs experience in CNC programing and setting up CNC machines
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and have strong communication skills
- Related trade school experience/associate degree is a plus
- Ability to read and understand mechanical prints
- Ability to use hand tools and be able to bring their own machinist hand tools to the job site
- Conventional machining capability including ability to read/interpret blueprints
- Availability to work additional hours/days as needed
- Ability to work safety in a hazardous environment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.