- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Highway Engineer
Our client is looking for an experienced highway design engineer to join their team in Cardiff as a Senior Highway Engineer
* Reporting to the Project Manager, you will lead a team of engineers and technicians working on a variety of projects.
* You will be responsible for the preparation of feasibility studies, scheme reports and scheme design for highways, drainage, flooding and a variety of other projects.
* You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across the project and for the monitoring of progress.
* You will be expected to attend progress meetings, public exhibitions and public inquiries.
* Working in other offices may be necessary from time to time dependant on projects.
* A degree in Civil Engineering.
* IEng/CEng and MICE status or equivalent.
* Proven experience of most aspects of major highway schemes.
* Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
* Thorough understanding of DMRB standards.
* Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
* Good IT skills
* Driving licence (with over 4 years' experience desirable)
* Experience of construction supervision.
* Knowledge of the financial management and control of projects.
* Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options.
* Able to produce well-presented and accurate reports.
* MX/3D Cad proficient, and/or drainage design capabilities (WINDES or equivalent)
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme which offers up to 28 days holiday per annum and a range of additional benefits.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: engineering jobs on HS2
In this video, Graham Day shares what HS2 can do for your career and why you should want to work on the project.
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...