- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Infrastructure Egnineer / Senior Engineer
Our client is currently seeking career minded Civil Engineering Design Engineers to become a key and integral part of the Infrastructure team based in Cardiff
The ideal Infrastructure Engineer will have demonstrable consultancy experience in Highways and Drainage, and working to Section 278, 38 and 104. You will have a quality degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline and a good understanding of DMRB, Manual for Streets and Sewers for Adoption. A key requirement for this role is good software experience in AutoCAD Civils 3D although some experience in WinDes, Autodesk Infraworks and Navisworks would be desirable. You will be able to work successfully as part of a team with a background in highways, drainage design infrastructure and/or residential development.
As a Civil Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible for taking a lead role in preparation of designs using AutoCAD Civils3D in a BIM environment supporting the production of preliminary and detailed designs, technical reports, drawings and specifications for infrastructure. You will work on projects in both the public and private sectors.
We are seeking to locate a career minded Infrastructure Design Engineer who has gained proven work experience in the design of development related infrastructure projects. To be considered, we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
* Sound technical skills and willingness to learn.
* Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
* A flexible approach is required
* Good software experience in AutoCAD Civils 3d and ability to take a lead role.
* A background in highways, drainage design infrastructure and/or residential development is also desirable
* Some experience of rail related projects would be desirable
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
* Preferably MEng (Hons) or alternatively BEng (Hons) in Civil Engineering. Candidates with a higher degree will be especially welcome.
* Infrastructure Design gained on UK development infrastructure schemes an advantage
* Knowledge of Highways and Drainage design using AutoCAD Civils 3D
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Team Leader / Project Manager, you will provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging civil engineering schemes. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of the company services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
* Performing required activities associated with projects (investigation, analysis and design) in line with project requirements
* Preparing and registering all relevant documentation and design reports and ensuring that all documentation is accurate
* Maintaining on-going communication with relevant Project Leaders/Team Leaders and clients
* Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members
* Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
* Reviewing completed engineering work to ensure accuracy
* Gaining awareness of and familiarity with, the commercial aspects of projects to develop commercial skills
* Acquire knowledge and practical skills to gain Chartership or equivalent
* Developing innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and behaviour
* Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments
* Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
Remuneration & Benefits
You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with:
Stakeholder Pension matched to 8% Healthcare
Life Assurance Income Protection
Annual Leave Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan Cycle to Work Scheme
Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave Childcare Vouchers
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: engineering jobs on HS2
In this video, Graham Day shares what HS2 can do for your career and why you should want to work on the project.
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...