- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Structural Engineering Surveyor
Undertaking structural surveys and providing advice on structural defects. Structural design of small works including alterations and extensions.
Key Job Activities
Undertaking structural surveys of primarily housing and government buildings:
- Visit site to observe defects
- Prepare a report identifying defect, probable cause and any remediation required
- Arranging opening up works, geotechnical investigations, CCTV surveys and materials testing as required to conclude advice
Structural design of small works that may include:
- Internal structural alterations
- Appraisal of existing structures
- Site inspections during the works to ensure compliance with specification
Job Requirements/Person Specification
Minimum of 10 years experience within a design consultancy
Must have experience of undertaking the work described in the Key Job Activities, with good knowledge of construction types and methods in most materials
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Conversant with current Standards and Codes of Practice, but as a minimum British Standards
Experience in the design of general construction materials, in particular traditional construction and framed buildings
Familiarity with structural design packages (TEDDS would benefit)
Very good report writing and communication skills
Familiar with the usual MS applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum A.M.I.Struct.E or Graduate Engineer that can demonstrate good relevant experience
Professional appearance and team working skills.
Good communication skills, as part of the work will be dealing with tenants and our client base
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Building surveyor
- UK government commits to £22 million Construction Skills Fund
To meet the growing demand for construction professionals, the UK government has invested £22 million in a Construction Skil...
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...