- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Building Control Surveyor
To deliver the following service:
Support to the service area on delivery of the Corporate and service plans using appropriate organisational tools, policies and procedure
- Undertake the complete range of projects including dangerous structures, domestic work and commercial projects in accordance with the relevant legislation.
- Undertake site inspections and plan assessments including checking consistency with planning approval,
- Deal with demolitions and dangerous structures.
- Enforce non-compliant and unauthorised building works, serving notices and initiating formal legal proceedings.
- Provide pre-application advice (to other Council departments, industry professionals and the public).
- Ensure all electronic and paper records/documentation are comprehensive and updated on a daily basis.
- Promote and market all aspects of the Building Control Service through appropriate means in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- Liaising with the technical support team and other professional colleagues on consultations, applications and office procedures.
- Where applicable provide building control fee quotations and tenders.
To monitor service area delivery and support continuous service improvement, challenging existing practice and actively seeking ways of achieving greater outcomes and leaner delivery (GOLD)
To act as ambassador for the service area both internally and externally representing the service area priorities and organisation initiatives as appropriate
To contribute to projects; to contribute to service project teams as required
To support development & delivery of a system of continuous review and improvement within the Service so that 'traditional thinking' is challenged and innovation pursued.
- To provide the service in accordance with the Council's Vision, Corporate Plan and Service Transformation Plans
- To demonstrate and promote ethical behaviour appropriate to that which would be expected by our customers
- To participate in the adoption and promotion of the Council equalities and carbon management initiative
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Building surveyor
- Construction sector growth set to create more jobs
The UK construction sector looks set to grow in the back half of this year and into next. Find out what this means for job o...
- Why the UK needs more construction workers
The UK is set to fall short on its target of building 300,000 new homes. Find out what this means for construction workers i...