- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is a leading engineering consultancy operating in the UK water sector. They are looking to appoint Cleanwater Modellers to their teams in Manchester and Leeds. They are happy to consider candidates from Intermediate to Principal level.
Primary Job Responsibilities
As a Modelling Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Driving health and safety through everything we do.
- Leading water network teams in the delivery of model build studies, distribution zonal studies and other related feasibility studies for a range of UK Clients
- Assisting with the development of the Water Networks business in the UK including building Client relationships and supporting on Tender submissions
- Recruiting and developing a team of junior network modellers and engineers
- Delivering scopes of work to quality standards, agreed budget and time frames.
- Minimum of a Degree or Honours Degree in an engineering, geography-related or numerate analytical discipline
- Chartered status or close to attainment of chartered status (ideally ICE/CIWEM).
- Proven ability to deliver water networks projects, liaising directly with clients and mentoring other project team members.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of standard industry clean water hydraulic modelling software, including use for calibration and feasibility/design of solutions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of source to tap operation of water distribution networks, including regulatory requirements, demand variations,
- Demonstrable ability to manage the lifecycle of a technical study, including scope-setting, limitations and constraints and presentation of evidence-based conclusions and solutions.
- Strong analytical skills with experience of data management, processing and analysis through use of GIS, database and spreadsheet software.
- Good technical report writing skills and ability to review the work of others and provide constructive feedback.
- Familiar with current industry best practice and able to actively contribute to innovation in this field of expertise
- Flexibility in terms of travel (UK, Ireland, and international).
- Client meetings and site visits as required.
- Can be based in either Manchester or Leeds
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.