- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
The Company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
Reporting to, and supporting the Director of Production, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for the successful day to day operation and efficiency of all production activities on the build of the new fleet vessels.
- Responsible for oversight and execution of day to day production activities which will include but are not limited to designing production methods, developing build strategies that maximises productivity and developing work flows.
- Responsible for supporting the Director of Production in the leadership of production engineering and planning function in support of shipbuilding
- Act as key production lead for planning and production engineering and be a link between planning, PE and production
- Measure and report the effectiveness of production activities and performance
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production demands as dictated by production schedules and work flow
- Maintain departmental work instructions for all tasks
- Develop and report on a range of production metrics to aid in the management of production effectiveness and efficiency
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Coach and mentor the team to achieve high performance and develop individuals
- Interface with internal stakeholders to resolve issues
- Implement the company's Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practices
Requirements, Knowledge & Skills
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in business administration, engineering, supply chain or related disciplines would be ideal
- Proven supervisory experience in a Shipbuilding - Production environment
- Excellent computer, analytical and problem solving skills with high proficiency in MS Office
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- Start your maritime engineering career this Seafarers week
This Seafarers Awareness Week, Scott Cook looks at the exciting career opportunities for maritime engineers
- Skilled trades in short supply in the maritime industry
The maritime industry is in desperate need for more skilled trades to help build cutting-edge warships, submarines and leisu...