- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Graduate+1 Structural Engineer
Great opportunity for a Graduate Structural Engineer withina supportive medium size consultancy in Hemel Hempstead working within a variety of building sectors.
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for a Graduate Structural Engineer. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by our clients
This team undertakes the following tasks:
- Design of structures, including large framed commercial, education and residential projects
- Foundation design and assessment
- Refurbishment of existing and listed buildings
- Basement design
- Site appraisals and foundation strategies
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Revit
- Geotechnical and geoenvironmental appraisals
- Temporary works design
Relevant skills & experience
- A minimum of 1 years' relevant post-graduate experience
- An accredited MEng degree (or equivalent) recognized by the IStructE
- Design experience in all common building materials
- BIM experience would be an advantage
- An ability to deal with clients with minimal supervision
- An ability to represent the company professionally
- An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
- An ability to work within a team
- An ability to write clear and concise emails, letters and reports
- Experience in computer analysis and design software. Tekla, Masterseries and Tedds experience would be advantageous
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Good commercial awareness
- A valid full UK driving license
A Graduate Structural Engineer will ordinarily undertake the following tasks
- Assist and carry out structural design in steel, concrete, timber and masonry
- Liaise with clients, project team members and local authorities
- Co-ordinate projects and packages of work with minimal assistance
- Enhance and promote the image of the company by their actions
- Attend site and design team meetings
Remuneration and training
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation. The company contributes to regular social events, such as go-karting, theatre trips, golf, bowling etc.
The office has a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses.
The breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.