- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Due to an increased forecast of workload one of our leading clients is currently looking for an experienced BIM Coordinator to join their busy rail team.
- 1. PURPOSE OF JOB
- Act as the Contractor's Engineering Manager (CEM) and lead the technical development of rail design projects.
- Coordinate all design disciplines
- To act as client contact on technical issues
- To secure repeat business through proactive client management
- To win work by leading, managing and coordinating the technical input into bids/estimates.
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical support to all teams and disciplines in terms of Client BIM requirements
- Support the Project Engineer in providing to all teams and disciplines all data, information and model environments required by or provided by the Client
- Provide an element of in project BIM training to the Project Engineer, Project Manager and Project Planner
- Plan, set up and maintain any centrally controlled models
- Ensure communication with other partner, supplier or client stakeholders in terms of BIM and the BIM execution plan
- Facilitate with all teams and disciplines identification of training needs to enable teams to deliver BIM effectively
Our client is a major provider of design and consultancy services within the rail sector and have recently won some large contracts that require high calibre project engineers to lead the technical development of multidisciplinary design projects.
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Ideally BEng/MEng or equivalent
- Ideally membership of or working towards membership of a relevant professional institution
- Ideally 5 years' experience within the railway, industry, the majority of which has been focussed on managing the technical delivery of multi-disciplined projects
- Good Knowledge of engineering design standards for the UK Rail Networkls
- Expert user in either Bentley or Autodesk suites of design software - preferably Bentley and Rail oriented
- Excellent understanding of design and build process and effect of using BIM
- Comfortable with a "change" environment in terms of emerging Client requirements especially with respect to BIM
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with respect to coordinating BIM environments for multidiscipline teams
- Understanding and experience of cost and programme requirements in delivery of design and build projects, especially design phase
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...
- Why the UK needs more construction workers
The UK is set to fall short on its target of building 300,000 new homes. Find out what this means for construction workers i...