- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
An immediate opportunity for an experienced Highway design engineer to join a busy consultancy in London.
Job Purpose (brief description of role):
To deliver technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client's brief.
Tasks/Responsibilities as follows:
- Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
- Prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures.
- Prepare technical documents and drawings for checking and approval.
- Exercise independent engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
- Manage delivery of small projects or a small programme of work with minimal supervision being responsible for the financial performance of the projects.
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Welfare and CDM Responsibilities, as well as relevant company procedures.
- Ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company's systems and procedures, including those relating to SHEQ, Health and Safety, project and risk management.
- Be a proactive and collaborative team member.
- Contribute to technical excellence and innovation across the team.
- Agree delivery targets with senior staff and report regularly on progress towards milestones.
- Take responsibility for own personal development with the support of line manager, following an agreed programme.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Typical Skills/Experience as follows:
A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
Working towards a chartered / incorporated status of a relevant professional institution.
Knowledge / Experience
Have knowledge of, and experience in, design of highway improvement and maintenance schemes to UK standards.
Have a working knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
Experience and a working knowledge of relevant design software and standards.
Demonstrate successful delivery of highway design schemes
Experience of working on design and build contracts (desirable)
Technical / Business Skills / Ability
Fluent written and spoken English.
Able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Design Engineer
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...
- 3 routes you can take into an HS2 engineering career
There’s more than one route you can take to embark on an HS2 career. Which one will you choose?