- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our solutions
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
Highway Maintenance Engineer / Clerk of Works
My Client in the Bristol area is in urgent need of a Highway Maintenance Engineer / Clerk of Works to join them on an intial 6 month contract. The role has been deemed inside of IR35 so rates potentially negotiable.
- Able to work unsupervised during unsociable hours.
- Working with relevant colleagues investigate highway related incidents i.e. flooding reports, carraigeway/footway defects and consider appropriate action to ensure these works are delivered by the most suitable means within budget constraints.
- Supervise inspections of the highway assets, helping ensure records are consistent and performance of inspections are regularly monitored.
- Have suitable knowledge in the purpose and application of the Highways Act and a good understanding of highway works specifications and methods of measurement.
- Design and detail traffic management requirements of schemes ensuring registration and co-ordination in accordance with the New Roads and Street Works Act and Traffic Management Act.
- Working with relevant traffic colleagues prepare both permanent and temporary traffic regulation orders to ensure compliant scheme delivery.
- Assist with the monitoring and reporting of highway budgets ensuring accurate forecasting and timely notification of unavoidable pressures or underspends.
- Prepare and manage small programmes of highway works ensuring compliance with specification, traffic management and health & safety requirements.
- Supervise highway works on the network ensuring suitable traffic management and street work registration/co-ordination in accordance with the New Roads and Street Works Act and Traffic Management Act.
- Intsruct and manage routine programmes of cyclic works i.e. highway gully cleansing, rural verge maintenance and lining refresh, ensuring they are delivered in accordance with the relevant service levels and in line with contract requirements collecting performance monitoring information as necessary.
- As directed by Senior Engineer ensure Health and Safety files, accurate records of assets and works are retained in accordance with the statutory /corporate guidelines
- Working with colleagues assist in addressing customer raised issues in a proffesional and timely manner escalating to Senior Engineer as deemed necessary.
- Ensure the timely settlement of highway work claims in accordance with contract terms and Council Standing Orders.
- Manage a framework of highway maintenance work performance monitoring ensuring compliance with specification standards and good practice ensuring consistency across the whole network through regular auditing.
- Assist with the development of the annual rolling programmes of schemes, projects and operational arrangements to ensure the effective and safe delivery of highway work schemes.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Highway Maintenance
- Solving the skills shortage for smart motorways
Following the government’s announcement of the £15 billion Road Investment Strategy (RIS1) in December 2014, the demand for...