- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our solutions
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
Systems Integration Engineer
Systems Integration on a major Electric Vehicle project. Working across Chassis, Body and Comfort Systems Integration.
An opportunity exists for a Systems Integration Engineer to deliver System Integration activities for on-going client projects working on a large variety of vehicle based integration projects ranging from one off concept vehicle through to complete multi-platform and multi-application production programmes.
To provide technical guidance and leadership for teams of engineers to deliver client projects in the following ways:
- Identify test cases for requirements at a vehicle, system, sub-system and component level
- Develop and maintain Functional Integration Plan (FIP)
- Develop suite of test documentation, including but not limited to, DVP (Design Validation Plan), Verification Validation Requirements Matrix (VVRM) Test Methodologies and Test Reports
- Requirements dependant selection, installation design and setup of instrumentation and data loggers
- Develop test asset specifications and designs
- Undertake systems integration as per the Functional Integration Plan (FIP)
- Undertake verification and validation activities inclusive of practical FMEA and legislative compliance
- Support 8D and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on prototype and pre-production vehicles
- Liaison with Programme Management Office (PMO), purchasing and finance to meet project requirements
- Customer interfacing for technical aspects of a project
In addition to the specific technical duties outlined above, the Systems Integration Engineer will be involved in:
- Providing technical input to Systems Integration business development across the product groups and market sectors
- Promotion of capability throughout the global customer base
Required Qualifications and Experience:
The successful applicant will have a sound Engineering background with a number of years of experience of successfully delivering Systems Integration projects.
- Minimum of 2:1 degree in an Engineering or relevant Science-based discipline with technical background in vehicle systems design and development
- Significant experience in a Systems Integration role developing complex vehicle systems
- Knowledge of requirements management and analysis tools
- Excellent knowledge of vehicle system architecture design considerations
- Good knowledge of vehicle based networking and communications protocols (including CANbus and flexray)
- Highly experienced in developing test documentation
- Methodical approach to issue investigation and resolution
- Literate in IT systems (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of automotive legislation requirements
- Good knowledge of vehicle based control and electrical systems
- Knowledge of system level safety concepts and requirements, related standards (including ISO 26262) beneficial and industry tools such as DFMEA, FTA, Hazard Analysis
- Experience in managing project budgets, resource and delivery
- Understanding of commercial business factors
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Robust character with strong self-drive and motivation
- Organised and rigorous with personal target of high quality delivery
- Ability to work under pressure and manage own workload to ensure program milestones are met on-time
- Proven ability for technical guidance of less experienced engineers
- Prepared to travel within the UK as well as internationally on short assignments
- Proficient in English (written and spoken) for project and technical communication
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Top 50 women in engineering under 35
Over 500 nominations but only 50 women could make it onto the list. Find out who made the cut in our article.
- What the General Election & Queen’s Speech means for engineers
What do recent political events mean for engineers in the UK? Find out from five of our in-house specialists.