- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our solutions
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
Research Engineer - Electric Motors
This is a permanent role based in Berkshire where you will become the company expert in Electric Powertrain
It offers a salary of circa £30,000 & benefits such as 10% pension, Health Plan, Life Assurance and on site restaurant
Research Engineer (High Energy and Powertrain)
Careers Site Advertising End Date:
About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Engineer to join our Research Centre on a permanent basis in our state of the art facility using the latest technologies. The electrified powertrain rate of growth is predicted to be significant with as many as 50% of new vehicles having high energy systems by 2025. We therefore wish to heavily invest in the development and career management of a Research Engineer to develop into an expert in high energy, powertrains and architecture and we will be able to provide a structured training plan.
Externally, you will engage with vehicle manufacturers and maintain access to technical development knowledge and support members' insurers to understand risks & complexity. Internally, you will;
- Engage with team members to develop project delivery, supporting the project lead where required
- Guide team members on HE/AFV requirements for accurate and efficient repair data
- Advise the Academy on curriculum, training content and best practice
- Support Group Rating and Insurer member Liaison on risks, complexity and cost implications
- Guide Product Development on requirements for safe EV repair products
- Support technical helpline with specific guidance
- Support Crash Safety and Track Testing teams for safe handling of emerging powertrain vehicles
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Hands on experience of vehicle powertrains
- Experience of diagnostic procedures
- Ability to comprehend technical documentation
- Mechanical knowledge to NVQ level 2 or above. Mechanical aptitude and manual skills
- Knowledge of electrical laws and safe working practices
- Report writing and presentation experience is desirable.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Top 50 women in engineering under 35
Over 500 nominations but only 50 women could make it onto the list. Find out who made the cut in our article.
- What the General Election & Queen’s Speech means for engineers
What do recent political events mean for engineers in the UK? Find out from five of our in-house specialists.